Article provided by: Sage Recovery & Wellness
About 5 million teens in the United States use drugs or alcohol. Experimentation can turn into a full-blown addiction that can last through adulthood. Sage Recovery in Austin helps adolescents learn to manage mental wellness throughout their lives.
- Yoga Therapy
- Yoga combines physical, psychological, and spiritual healing. It explores underlying psychological issues to foster inner and outer peace. Yoga is very beneficial to those who have a chronic condition, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder. Sage Recovery practices restorative yoga, which anyone can do regardless of skill level or physical situation.
- Medication Management
- A psychiatric evaluation will determine your teen's need for medication and alternative therapies. Our staff knows how to prescribe the right medications that will coincide with other treatment plans. We understand that adolescents cannot control mental problems with medication alone.
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- This program is for high school students with severe depression, anxiety, and other serious mental problems. Patients attend Dialectical Behavior Therapy 21 times, three hours, three days a week, for seven weeks. DBT involves coping skills, distress tolerance, mindfulness, emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, and family involvement. We offer a weekly multifamily group to parents and legal guardians to learn to support the adolescents recovery.
- Individual Therapy
- One on one therapy with a licensed therapist will help adolescents work through thoughts, feelings, behaviors, beliefs, and experiences in a confidential space without judgment. The client and therapist will work on an individualized treatment plan together. Individual therapy sessions last between 60 to 90 minutes.
- Family Therapy
- At Sage Recovery, the whole family is considered a client. Family therapy is essential for improving communication, resolving conflicts, and adapting to change. The family must work together with our therapist to get to the bottom of the teen's drug use. Our therapist teaches families how to function appropriately when the teen leaves treatment. Your family will also learn how to set proper boundaries.
- Family Education Group
- This group is a low-cost service for family members of current patients. It is also open to the public. The goal is to help family members deal with a teen who abuses drugs or struggles with her mental health.
- Dual Diagnosis IOP
- This outpatient program is for high school-aged teenagers struggling with drug abuse and a co-occurring mental health problem. More than half of teens who use drugs have a co-occurring mental illness. They use drugs to cover pain and avoid real feelings.
- DBT Skills
- This group starts with orientation. Then it meets once a week for two hours for six months. DBT teaches teens how to better deal with intense emotions and troubling thoughts and behaviors. Homework is assigned to put the new skills into practice. DBT is considered the most effective structured group therapy method for teens.
- This weekly group is free to teens who have sought drug abuse treatment at Sage Recovery. It is facilitated by a therapist and led by former patients.
Please call 512-306-1394 or fill out your information on the contact page for more information about teen rehab. You can also email us privately at email@example.com.Teen Drug Treatment Austin