You’ve done the hard part. You’ve gotten sober, and you’re determined to stay that way. You know it’s what’s best for you, your family, and your future. The question is, where do you go from here? What’s the best option to ensure success and stay on the right track?
If you’re looking for sober living in Austin, Texas, Bridgeway Sober Living is here to help.
Are you looking for a place to start?
Our sober living Austin homes provide a structured environment designed for people new to a sober life who have worked hard and want to avoid triggers and temptations while building their new life sober. Our homes are also helpful if you’re unsure how to live sober and need some guidance to get started. There are many sober living homes to choose from, but making sure you choose the one that’s right for you is crucial at this stage in your recovery.
What Should You Look for in a Sober Living Home?
You should consider many things when choosing a sober living home or recovery house that will make your transition to daily living smoother and ensure your success at staying sober. Here are a few things you should think about before making a choice:
- Trained staff – The sober living home you choose should have a certified, licensed, and experienced team and they should be hands-on, engaged with 24/7 staffing.
- Comfortable accommodations – When you’re recovering and concentrating on staying sober, as many obstacles as possible need to be removed. If your sober living home is in a bad or undesirable neighborhood with uncomfortable accommodations, these things, as simple as they may sound, can become real stumbling blocks.
- Atmosphere – Is the home designed to be a sanctuary where people may heal, relax, and feel at ease? The sober living home should cultivate serenity and peace with the feel of a retreat to encourage holistic healing.
- Reliable transportation – Is it near public transportation or within walking distance? Can you rely on public transportation to get to work if necessary?
- Rules and Standards – No one likes too many regulations, but rules take on a new level of importance when it comes to staying sober. What are the rules, and how are they enforced when a resident has stepped out of bounds? Is the offending resident removed so as not to influence other residents that are sober and compliment? Think through situations that might be a trigger to your sobriety and check what rules and standards the sober living home have in place and how well they enforce rules. Don’t let someone’s disregard for following the rules ruin all your hard work.
- Testing – Does the home perform or allow random drug testing? You should ask yourself if the sober living policy is the right fit for your needs.
- Individualized treatment – Individualized treatment plans tailored to each resident’s specific needs should be a standard part of recovery.
- Group Therapy Sessions – led by licensed therapists who specialize in sober living, substance abuse disorders, and other mental health issues such as anxiety or depression. Trained staff to work with individuals recovering from addiction.
How Does It Work?
Your first step toward success at sober living in Austin is to contact Bridgeway at (link) and talk to one of our admission specialists. Our staff is available to answer any questions you may have and will happily explain the step-by-step process. You are also welcome to visit any of our sober living Austin locations, check out our facilities, and speak to our friendly staff.
Once you’ve applied to become a resident, you’ll be enrolled in our case management program for your first 30 days. This gives you access to all of the activities, programs, and benefits. You will also attend four recovery meetings per week and find a sponsor during your first week.
Your sponsor will serve as your guide through one-on-one coaching sessions that help change behaviors, so you can learn how best to handle triggers when they arise! We do everything possible to make sure you get assistance quickly.
Your first 30 days in our case management program are critical because they will help you find a sponsor and service commitment for the rest of your stay at Bridgeway Sober Living rehabilitation facility. You should also participate in four recovery meetings each week: one with us here on campus; two others held elsewhere throughout town where other participants like yourself learn about sober living in Austin.
Improve your chances of staying sober
You want to stay sober, and you need help with your recovery journey. Bridgeway Sober Living Austin houses are here for those in long-term recovery. We offer safe, supportive housing and services that will help you on your path of sobriety. Contact us today at Contact Bridgeway Sober Living today at (512) 598-4875 or visit us online at bridgewaysoberliving.com.