Enroll at Bridgeway Sober Living’s Extended Care Programs in Austin, TX
Addiction is a chronic disease that tends to progress if left untreated. Even with intervention and rehabilitation, treating addiction may still require long-term lifestyle modification. If left untreated, addiction to substances may lead to unhealthy behavioral patterns, violent behavior, and mental problems.
Apart from negative effects on oneself, people who suffer from addiction can inflict pain on other people, too. They may say or do things to their loved ones that they wouldn’t have done, but for the addiction of drugs or alcohol. That is why proper—and continuous—treatment is essential.
In Austin, Texas, Bridgeway Sober Living is a well-known provider of extended care. Under our programs, you will have the time and support you need to recover from addiction well enough to go back to a more stable life.
What is Extended Care?
Once you get out of rehab, the next step is to make sure you don’t relapse. This means staying away from harmful environments filled with triggers, be they old acquaintances or locations associated with your addiction. When you’re exposed to these stressors fresh from rehabilitation, it’s easy to get pulled back in.
Extended care facilities, like the one we have at Bridgeway Sober Living, are the perfect place to maintain sobriety before fully reintegrating to the real world. In extended care programs, the internal and external factors that may be hindering your recovery process are examined. By identifying these factors, the facilitators can develop more effective tools and strategies that can help you transition into an independent and sober life.
Extended care facilities and programs are best suited for individuals with a dual diagnosis. For example, suffering from depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or some other form of mental health issue or chronic pain may spur your addiction and hinder your recovery. Because of this, you may need the extra time and support that extended care programs provide.
Essentially, extended care is a bridge that takes you from addiction to recovery. It ensures that you get from one end to another in the safest way possible, avoiding the dangers of the tumultuous water below, which could easily pull you under.
Extended Care Includes:
- Beautiful homes close to downtown
- 24 hour staff supervision
- All food included
- Transportation included
- Medication supervision
- Nightly twelve step groups
- Case Management
- Life skills groups
- Employment support
- Morning meditation
- Townlake YMCA gym membership (clients go to the gym twice per week)
- Drug testing and breathalyzing
- Gentle phase system
- Nature immersion
- Weekend outings
- Volunteer Opportunities with local organizations (Animal Shelters, Parks, Non-profits)
- Goal Setting and Transition Planning
- Group Meal Planning and Prepping
- Weekly Movie Night
- Weekly Family Visitation
Why Stay at Bridgeway Sober Living?
Bridgeway Sober Living’s extended care facility, Omega Recovery Center, gives you access to highly-accredited outpatient services designed to help you transition from recovery to your old life. With our staff’s experience in the extended care field, you know you are in one of Austin’s safest and most capable help facilities.
The extended care homes at Bridgeway Sober Living are a perfect place to work through your recovery and reintegration. Our clinical directors are focused on creating custom treatment programs for you and other residents who have different needs.
By providing a support structure and clinical program during the most fragile time after rehab, Bridgeway Sober Living and Omega Recovery Center can help minimize the chances of relapse and create an environment that facilitates reintegration into your new way of life.
To learn more about our outpatient extended care programs and services, contact us today at 512-598-4875.
Intensive Outpatient Program:
- Extended Care clients are driven to and from the intensive outpatient center three days per week for group therapies and also once per week for their individual sessions.
- Our IOP is a really nice blend of evidence based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy, experiential therapies like psychodrama and less traditional therapies like nature immersion and flotation therapy. We also focus on stress reduction (mindfulness meditation, yoga) and twelve step education.
Therapeutic Modalities Included:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Psychoeducational Classes
- Nature Immersion
- Somatic Therapy
- Japanese Karate as Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Relapse Prevention
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Stress Reduction Classes and Groups
- Flotation Therapy
- “Hero’s Journey” Archetypal Work
- 12-Step Education
- Acu Detox